Base station configuration change from Standalone to HA mode
In ThingPark Enterprise High Availability (HA) Instance, two network servers are deployed for redundancy. Therefore, when migrating an existing platform from standalone to HA, the base stations must be reconfigured to connect to the second network server:
If IPsec security is used:
- The certificates of the base stations must be re-generated either:
- One by one from TPE GUI
- Or all BS at once by using the dedicated script (see section Regenerate IPsec certificates for base station traffic in ThingPark Enterprise Administration and Troubleshooting Guide)
- The base station configuration must be updated using remote access
from TPE GUI:
- The base station IPsec configuration (VPN) must be replaced with the new one, using the SUPLOG menu System configuration/PKI/Cleanup certificate.
- The second network server IP address must be configured with the IP address must be 192.168.0.2, using the SUPLOG menu System configuration/Backhaul.
If no security, only the second network server IP address must be configured on base stations. In such case, the IP address must be the one configured in TPE configuration of Cockpit (Secondary network server address).