Device reset reports
This packet type represents the notification message sent by ThingPark core network (LRC) to application servers to report a reset indication of ABP or OTA devices.
Two types of device reset reports are supported by Wireless Logger:
ABP device reset detection (reset type = ABP automatic reset)
If the uplink frame counter is reset and the flag Allow ABP automatic reset is activated in the device profile associated with this device.
An administrative reset (reset type = Administrative reset) is applied for this device either:
When using the Reset Security Context button in Device Manager user interface,
When using the following Device Manager API:
The device reset report is displayed using the ↻ icon. It is only available for devices belonging to your own subscriber account.
The following elements are displayed in the expandable panel for each LoRaWAN® downlink packet. To access the expandable panel, click on the left side of the packet.
|Status||Transmission status of the report sent by the LRC to the Application Server identified by the AS ID. Two possibles values are: OK or Error. In case of error, a message is displayed in the Transmission errors column.|
Note This status is only relevant for "Basic HTTP" type of connections. Delivery errors related to TPX connections are currently not visible in Wireless Logger.
|Transmission errors||Idx: Index of the destination that caused the error. Starting value at 0.|
Url: The destination URL that returned the error. An HTTP Application Server can be configured with several destination URLs.
- Timeout: The report was not successfully acknowledged by the destination within the expected timeframe.
- Error: The report was rejected by the destination. (HTTP error, network error, DNS error).
- Overload: The report was not sent to the destination because the network server reached the OVERLOAD state and the destination's average round trip time is too bad.
- Blacklist: The report was not sent to the destination because the network server reached the BLACKLIST state and the destination's average round trip time is bad.
- Unreachable: The report was not sent to the destination because this destination was deemed unreachable due to irresponsive behavior over the last observation window.
Note This information is only relevant for "Basic HTTP" type of connections. Delivery errors related to TPX connections are currently not visible in Wireless Logger.
Note Wireless Logger does not display an explicit RESET message when an OTA device completes a successful JOIN procedure. This notification is implicitly provided by Wireless Logger through the and packets.
Device reset reports are not associated with any LoRaWAN® frame counter since they are triggered by the ThingPark core network. These reset reports are also sent to application servers over the tunnel interface. To learn more, see LRC-AS Tunnel Interface Developer Guide.