ThingPark Wireless overview
The key capabilities of ThingPark Wireless make it the market-leading LPWA connectivity management platform. It provides IoT service providers with the ability to:
- Connect devices with the most optimal performance - which is critical to ensure IoT use case adoption & ROI
- Manage the connectivity service and its underlying infrastructure efficiently
- Guarantee the end-to-end security of the service they operate.
- Monetize their services in a flexible way that support various go to market options.
ThingPark Wireless benefits from the experience of multiple national roll-outs across the globe to offer the best LoRaWAN® network management capabilities:
A best-in-class Adaptive Data Rate algorithm, leveraging the uplink macro diversity, power control and frame repetition to optimize the device performance, boost radio capacity and minimize battery consumption and packet error rate.
A Radio Access Network management framework that allows to seamlessly support multiple regional RF plans on a single ThingPark Wireless instance and gateway.
Openness with regards to the base station manufacturers, supporting multiple partners (such as Kerlink, Cisco, Multitech, Ufispace, Tektelic) and types (macro, nano, pico). It provides consistent management and monitoring capabilities from the ThingPark Wireless OSS thanks to the LRR gateway software (Channel plan configuration, Radio performance monitoring, backhaul connectivity status, remote access, RF spectrum scan, buffering of uplink radio frames in case of temporary backhaul disconnection, backhaul interface failover in case of primary interface failure, etc.)
Support of heterogeneous network deployments with a seamless connectivity across a mix of macro and pico/nano gateways (8, 16 and up to 72 channels) and optimized traffic routing algorithms.
Compliance to the latest LoRaWAN® standards: LoRaWAN® 1.1. and LoRaWAN® 1.0.3, besides LoRaWAN® 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. ensuring the utmost compatibility with the LoRaWAN® ecosystem
A carrier-grade platform reliability (High Availability architecture, Local buffering and graceful recovery in LRR software)
A horizontally-scalable core network architecture supporting up to 150K packets/second (up to 1.2 billion devices) and up to 10 million gateways per cluster. The platform design fully separates data plane and OSS/BSS plane: all network information is forwarded to the OSS/BSS layer by means of a message queue, which absorbs any trafic peak and ensures seamless operation stability. Furthermore, ThingPark has a fundamental patent on tolerance of collisions on the DevAddr, using MIC to re-obtain a unique DeVEUI. Any competitor network will not be able to scale to tens of millions of devices without facing addressing space collisions or infringing this international patent.
Passive roaming, compliant with the latest official LoRaWAN® Backend interfaces specification and pre-integrated to ThingPark Exchange (see further).
Unified interface to IoT subscribers which have both LoRaWAN® and 3GPP (NB-IoT / LTE-M) based deployments.
A native support for network based geolocation leveraging LoRaWAN® TDOA capabilities.
- ThingPark Wireles offers a full set of back-office applications to support onboarding and management of devices, gateways and applications. These applications provide:
- Easy troubleshooting of device/network issues
- KPI Dashboards to ease network monitoring.
- Advanced gateway management.
- Easy day-to-day network management activities: Network Survey (radio coverage assessment), Spectrum Analysis (RF scan and reporting to optimize frequency assignment).
- These applications can be integrated to the Service Provider OSS/BSS through a comprehensive set of RESTful APIs.
- ThingPark Wireless enables service providers to implement a multitenant and multivendor solution for a diverse go-to-market and channel strategy.
- ThingPark Wireless offers advanced connectivity plan management features, ensuring that fine traffic policies can be applied to devices with differentiated grades of service, and charged accordingly. For example, through connectivity plans, you can manage :
- Number of authorized uplink / downlink message per day
- Range of authorized SF
- Activation of value-added services e.g. roaming, geolocation, etc.
ThingPark Wireless implements multilayered end-to-end security to route sensor data to application servers:
- At MAC layer: AES128 cryptography supported by LoRaWAN® protocol, including data encryption and integrity.
- At transport layer: IPSEC and TLS tunneling options between gateways and core network. TLS between core network and application servers.
- Protection of device's root keys via Hardware Security Module.
- It provides simplified and secure device activation for all on-boarded devices for the manufacturer, the network operators, and the end user via ThingPark Activation.
The ThingPark platform allows to develop IoT connectivity and value added services revenue streams for your customers connecting devices and application to your network with ThingPark Wireless integrated Billing Support System (BSS):
- Using the advanced role management system, service providers can easily onboard multiple vendors and connectivity providers, and enable business processes with easy solution creation and resale.
- Billing is managed through simple integration with any operator BSS. The platform generates precise UDRs (Usage Detail Records) for each data transaction, enabling easy integration.
Technical Features List Functional Description
This resource provides a functional-level description of ThingPark Wireless product.
|Available documentation||Applicable release|
This resource describes the ThingPark Wireless Evolved Packet Core (EPC) Connector solution which is a module within ThingPark Wireless to interface with 3GPP core network. It deals with the architecture description, the solution configuration, and the feature limitation and expected roadmap enhancements of the product.
|Available documentation||Applicable release|
|ThingPark_Wireless_Evolved_Packet_Core_Connector_Product_Description.pdf||LTE - All|