# Smart badge
The Abeeway smart badge is a multi-mode tracker combining GPS, Low Power-GPS (LP-GPS), Wi-Fi, LoRaWAN® and BLE radios with embedded sensors to support accurate outdoor and indoor geolocation. This low-power location device tracks and locates anything, anyone, anytime at a low cost of ownership.
Its small size and long battery lifetime make smart badge the ideal product for numerous tracking applications. It is simple to use, and a single button gives access to numerous functionalities that can be personalized for specific application needs. It can be used to keep track of assets and valuables, and to improve safety and security. It comes with a magnetic USB charging cable and a lanyard.
# Key product features
Abeeway smart badge provides you with the flexibility you need to adapt your tracker's behavior to your use case, selecting the right operating mode and geolocation technology.
# Multiple operating modes
- Motion tracking : Tracker reports real-time position only when motion is detected. This is the default configuration that you can discover in this guide.
- Permanent tracking : Tracker reports periodic real time positions.
- Start/End motion tracking : Tracker reports positions only at the start and end events of the motion.
- Position on-demand : Tracker sends its position only when requested from the end-user (very low power operating mode). The position request can be made from the geolocation backend platform or by using special button sequence on the micro-tracker.
- Activity tracking : Monitor activity rate with embedded sensors.
- OFF : Tracker is switched off.
# Geolocation technologies
- GPS : For precise outdoor positioning
- Low Power-GPS (LP-GPS) : For power-efficient outdoor and daylight indoor positioning LP-GPS is an Actility proprietary technology based on GPS. Enabling Fast Time to First Fix, it results in improved battery lifetime.
- Wi-Fi : For indoor and outdoor location services in urban areas It leverages the Wi-Fi access point scanning capabilities of the micro tracker.
- BLE : For indoor positioning It leverages Bluetooth scanning capabilities of the micro tracker to send BLE beacons and their detected RSSIs to your application.
# Other features
- User interface: Buzzer, LEDs, Multi-modes button
- Temperature monitoring
- LoRaWAN® Class A radio
- Water-spray resistant enclosure ( IP65 )
# Standards and Certifications
- LoRa Alliance: EU868, US915, AS923, AU915
- Radio: EC, FCC, IC, TELEC, ATEX
- The latest information on certification can be found here.
- The tracker must not be left with a low or completely discharged battery for more than a month. We recommend to periodically charge the tracker at least once a month.
- The tracker is resistant to water but must never be placed either fully/partially submerged in water or under the influence of high pressure water spray jets for significantly long periods of time. The warranty of the tracker is avoid if used incorrectly.