The installation can take approximately between one and two hours. It depends on your server(s) and network performance.
For High Availability (HA) deployment, three servers are required.
The usage of another Yum repository other than the one fixed by the installation is not supported.
TPE nodes (in standalone or HA mode) hardware requirements are available on the TPE documentation website.
Required files for installation
Ensure that the following files are available to you before installation:
- CentOS ISO image for TPE (centos7-tpe-x.x.x.iso)
- If the installation is run in offline mode (optional): TPE local media ISO image, necessary for local installation or upgrade without internet access to Actility's central software repository).
Optionally, you can deploy your own HTTPS certificate during the installation. This is required only if you plan to change the default DNS hostname during TPE installation (see TLS Certificate for HTTP traffic for more details). In this case, ensure that the following files are ready to be used before installation:
- The server certificate file (.cert file)
- The certificate key file (.key file)
To perform the ThingPark Enterprise installation procedure, please make sure that your server can access ThingPark Enterprise Public Software Repository: repository.thingpark.com.
This access is not required in case of an offline (local) installation procedure.
ISO image and deployment media
Installation on a physical machine
Ensure that you have a ready-to-use media for extracting the ISO image. The media should include at least 1,5 GB of free space:
- A DVD: you can burn the ISO image onto a DVD with burning software.
- A USB key: you can use Rufus, UNetbootin, or similar software to create a bootable USB key from the ISO image. The USB key must be named CENTOSTPE.
Installation on a virtual machine
Import the ISO image onto the virtual CD/DVD player of the Virtual Machine (VM) using the Virtual Machine administration client.