Step 5 - provisioning your devices
This page describes how to add devices to your ThingPark Enterprise All-in-One.
Provisioning devices one by one
The below example assumes a device using the Over-the-Air Activation (OTAA) mode.
On Devices / Create tab of the left panel, fill the form and click Save when finished:
From the Devices / List tab of the left panel, your device will appear in the list.
- The device is created in "Initialization" state (orange status), this means that the device has not yet been activated in the network.
- DevEUI is displayed, but the DevAddr not yet assigned for the OTAA device. This DevAddr assignment will only happen when the device sends its first Join-Request message.
To update the list, you can use the browser's refresh button, or press
Once the device transmits its Join-Request message and successfully completes its network registration, your list is updated:
- the device is connected (green status).
- last uplink gets a timestamp.
- DevAddr is now assigned by the network.
- FCntUp represents the uplink counter.
- Other RF metrics are displayed: SNR, SF ...
Provisioning devices in bulk (device import)
You can also use the bulk-import feature to import multiple devices in one click.
Follow the "SAMPLE FILE" link to understand the csv format.
Follow the "MODEL LISTS" link to find the "Profile ID" that corresponds to your device profile.
Create a csv (comma separated value) file, you should have something like this at the end (OTAA and ABP device sample) :
Save the file in utf8 format when using a simple text editor.
Click on the to open the import dialog box and select your file:
When everything is done, and you have no error, you can directly return to the device list and start working with your devices.
In case of errors, the user interface displays a page describing each error, ordered by line number.
You must correct the erroneous lines before re-importing the file. Note that you must only re-import the devices that were not successfully imported in the previous attempt.